Short Message Service
With Korek’s easy-to-use short messaging service you can enjoy:
- Sending and receiving short text messages using your Korek mobile phone.
- Sending written messages up to 160 characters in length for English and up to 70 in length for Arabic.
- Sending messages to another Korek customer no matter where they are at home or abroad.
- Sending messages to other local or international networks.
- Messages received within seconds of being sent.
Sometimes, when the recipient’s phone is switched off, out of coverage or roaming, there may be delays in delivery of a text message. When this happens Korek will attempt to deliver your message for up to 72 hours. For prepaid customers, text messaging while at home or roaming abroad is automatically available. Postpaid customers must activate the roaming option before traveling abroad.
Visit here for further information on Roaming including partners, tariffs and services.
|SMS on net||50 IQD|
|SMS off net||50 IQD|
|SMS international||150 IQD|
How it works:
Text messaging is automatically available for all prepaid and postpaid customers.
Benefits to customer:
Text messaging lets you connect quietly or when you’d rather not make a call—and it works quickly and easily, from any Korek mobile phone.
How to apply:
Text messaging is automatically available for all prepaid and postpaid customers. Before sending and receiving text messages, you need to store the Korek message center number (+964750001140) in the message settings on your mobile phone.