For conducting the promotional activity “Win with Korek”
The Promotional Activity (Competition) is carried out for promotion of the services rendered by Korek Telecom
1- Available SMS codes
1.1.All messages sent to 350 cost 1,000 IQD. All messages sent from 350 are free of charge.
1.2.The subscription to the “Win With Korek” campaign is free of charge for the first day. Subsequently the charge is 300 IQD per day.
1.3.Participants from Korek may opt in to the subscription service “Win with Korek” by sending any keyword or blank SMS to 330. That will award them with more chances for the prizes. They will receive on a daily basis the “Happened on this day” fun information and they will gain, upon any successful renewal, 1 credit, in order to play the InstaWin web game at cashchallenge.korektel.com, and win 250,000 IQD after answering correctly 10 questions. To opt out from the “Win With Korek” subscription service the participant has to send the keyword “STOP” to the corresponding short code.
1.4.The competition also awards all KOREK customers that perform a Top Up. There is no extra cost for the user. Every Top Up regardless its cost is awarded with 1 point/chance for the weekly or monthly prize depending on the service period which will be declared via draw.
2- The Organizer of the Competition:
- 2.1.Korek Telecom, a pan-Iraqi mobile operator based in Iraq.
3- The name of the Competition:
5- Time frame of the Competition:
- 5.1.The first day of the Korek Telecom’s Mega Promotion is on 1st April 2018, and it is available for all Korek subscribers all over Iraq. The competition is in the form of a Subscription service and a Trivia Game. Answer the trivia questions in order to gather more points for the Weekly, Monthly and Grand cash prize draws!
- 6.1.All participants warrant that they have read and fully understand these Terms and Conditions which are on public view at cashchallenge.korektel.com.
- 6.2.By sending an SMS to the Short Code 350 or registering to the Subscription Service by sending an SMS to 330, the participants signal their complete acceptance and full understanding of these Terms and Conditions and agree:
- 6.2.1. to receive SMS communication from the Organizer on their mobile phones relating to the “Win with Korek” Competition;
- 6.2.2. to receive SMS communication/advertising offers from the Organizer or from other companies that cooperate with the Organizer.
- 6.3.The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or amend the offer and these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will be posted online at cashchallenge.korektel.com.
- 6.4.In the event of dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, conduct, results, and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of the Organizer shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- 6.5.This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while the Organizer provides the offer (not taking into account temporary suspensions of the offer for operational reasons, e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades).
7- Participants of the Competition:
- 7.1.The following are eligible to participate:
- 7.1.1.Natural persons (other than people employed by the Organizer, or its partners, for the period of the Competition, and also their relatives up to 4thdegree and spouses), who are mobile subscribers of Korek Telecom and have acquired at least 1 chance during the period of the Competition. If the winner is a minor, then at the delivery date of delivering the prize, the winner’s guardian must appear to collect the prize having his/her ID as well as a certification proving that he/she is the guardian.
- 7.1.2.Legal entities (e.g. in the case of corporate-owned Mobile Subscriber Numbers of all Operators involved in this Campaign). Only an authorized signatory on behalf of the legal entity will be entitled to take receipt of the prize.
- 7.1.3.The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any provision of the Terms and Conditions.
- 7.1.4.By participating in the Competition, entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete.
- 7.1.5.Users subscribed to the service during the first period (20/06/2017-31/12/2017) will remain subscribed keeping all their gathered points/chances.
- 7.1.6.The competition also awards all KOREK customers that perform a Top Up. There is no extra cost for the user. Every Top Up regardless its cost is awarded with 1 point/chance for the weekly or monthly prize depending on the service period which will be declared via draw.
8- Availability and accessibility of information and Opt-out mechanism
- 8.1.All the information for the participants of the Competition with regards to the Competition shall be published at cashchallenge.korektel.com.
- 8.2.Information about the number of chances (participations/chances) scored by the participants during the Competition will be sent to the participants in SMS messages automatically as part of the dialogue between the participants and the trivia quiz as well as the participant and the “Happened on this day” subscription. In order to know their score at any given time, each participant can send an SMS with keyword “SCORE” to the trivia Short code 350.
- 8.3.Each participant can drop out of the Competition and stop receiving any information about the Competition by sending an SMS with keyword “STOP” to the designated Short code. If after the participant chooses to send a new SMS message to the Short Code, he/she will be again considered as a participant in the Competition.
- 8.4.If the Competition is terminated the Organizer of the Competition will publish in the official resources of the Competition (cashchallenge.korektel.com) a message about the termination of the Competition.
- 8.5.During the campaign, the Organizer reserves the right to add or terminate the above short code. If the latter one happens, all the participants who have participated during the campaign still reserve their chances for the prizes.
- 8.6.Interruption or early termination of the Competition shall not release the Organizer from its obligation to give out already awarded prizes and execute other actions required, except for the cases when termination or interruption of the Competition was called by actions or events which are not under the Organizer’s control.
- 8.7.The Organizer of the Competition shall not release personal information about participants of the Competition to any third persons unless required to do so by law or in order to comply with Iraqi government entities.
- The Organizer reserves the right not to enter into written negotiations or otherwise contact with the participants of the Competition other than in accordance with the Terms and Conditions or in accordance with the requirements of the current legislation of Iraq.
9- Regulations of participation in the Competition:
- 9.1.To participate in the Competition the participant must send an SMS to the designated Short Codes 330 or 350.
- 9.2.Once the participant enters the Competition he/she will receive the first chances for the prizes and a welcome message with a question and at least 2 possible answers (one answer is correct and the other(s) wrong). The participant answers the question by sending an SMS with the correct answer (which will be a numerical answer) to the Short Code.
- 9.3.For each correct answer to the question the participant receives at least 20 chances, which are added up during the Competition. Wrong/Invalid answers give 10 chances. The chances for each correct answer to the question will be added in two modes:
- 9.3.1.Basic Mode: In basic mode, the participant receives 20 chances for each correct answer and 10 chances for wrong or invalid answers.
- 9.3.2.Bonus Phases: There will be various bonus phases where the participant receives more chances than the ones awarded in the Basic Mode. These phases can last from some minutes.
- 9.4.Korek subscribers can also opt-in to the “Happened on this day” service (through shortcode 330) that will award them with extra chances for the prizes, fun information plus one credit for the Instant Prize web game (which can award instantly IQD 250,000). The subscription is renewed on a daily basis. Upon successful renewal, the opted in to the subscription service participant gets 20 extra chances more than his last awarded subscription chances.
- 9.5.The competition also awards all KOREK customers that perform a Top Up. There is no extra cost for the user. Every Top Up regardless its cost is awarded with 1 point/chance for the weekly or monthly prize depending on the service period which will be declared via draw. Customers will be notified through SMS within 48 hours after their top Up with their points for the prize and will be invited to subscribe to the service in order to be eligible for all the prizes of the competition.
10- Place, date, time and order of the prizes
- 10.1.The same subscriber’s number (MSISDN) cannot win the same prize more than once during the period of the Competition.
- 10.2.The formation of participants’ record for the whole period of the Competition will start at 00:00:01 hours on the first day of the Competition and end at 23:59:59 hours on the last day of the Competition.
- 10.3.Winners awarding will be conducted at the premises of the Organizer.
Prizes are mentioned below:
- 10.4.Instant Prize (WEB Game)
- 10.4.1.Every time that a participant responds the 10 questions of one game correctly and within the allowed time wins instantly IQD 250,000. Eligible for this prize are the participants who are registered in the subscription service “Happened on this day” through 330 shortcode.
- 10.4.2.Within the same day up to three participants can win instantly, afterwards the game is locked until the next calendar day.
- 10.5.Weekly Prizes
- 10.5.1.One Weekly Prize winner of 1,000,000 IQD in cash on the below dates:
- 06/04, 13/04, 27/04, 04/05, 11/05, 15/05, 01/06, 08/06 and 15/06.
- 10.5.2.The record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total chances, earned by each participant until each of the above Fridays at 23:59:59. During the Competition each chance earned for the answers is assigned to a unique for each participant pool. For example, 10 chances received for a correct answer entitle the corresponding participant (MSISDN) to 10 entries; 500 chances - to 500 entries/raffles for the drawing of the prize. Each draw will determine 1 winner.
- 10.5.3.The winner is notified by Korek Telecom via phone call to their subscriber number. The winner will receive notice within 10 business days from the date of the nomination day. The name or its initials of the winners may be announced via Korek Telecom and/or via SMS to all the participants included in the record.
- 10.5.4.Weekly prize winners cannot win a Weekly prize more than once. However, they can go on to win the other prizes.
- 10.6.Monthly Prizes
- 10.6.1.One Monthly Prize winner of 10,000,000 IQD in cash on the below dates:
- 27/04 and 25/05.
- 10.6.2.The record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total chances, earned by each participant until each of the above Fridays at 23:59:59. During the Competition each chance earned for the answers is assigned to a unique for each participant pool. For example, 10 chances received for a correct answer entitle the corresponding participant (MSISDN) to 10 entries; 500 chances - to 500 entries/raffles for the drawing of the prize. Each draw will determine 1 winner.
- 10.6.3.The winner is notified by Korek Telecom via phone call to their subscriber number. The winner will receive notice within 10 business days from the date of the nomination day. The name or its initials of the winners may be announced via Korek Telecom and/or via SMS to all the participants included in the record.
- 10.6.4.Monthly prize winners cannot win a Monthly prize more than once. However, they can go on to win the other prizes.
- 10.7.Grand Prize
- 10.7.1.The Grand Prize winner will be determined on June 28th, via a draw.
- 10.7.2.The Grand Prize winner will get IQD 50,000,000 in cash.
- 10.7.3.The record consists of entry sets corresponding to the total chances, earned by each participant until that day of the competition at 23:59:59. During the Competition each chance earned for the answers is assigned to a unique raffle in the database of the participants. For example, 5 chances received for a correct answer entitle the corresponding participant (MSISDN) to 5 entries; 500 chances - to 500 entries/raffles for the drawing of the prize. The draw will only determine 1 winner.
- 10.7.4.The winner is notified by Korek Telecom via phone call to their subscriber number. The winner will receive notice within 10 business days from the date of the draw. The name or its initials of the winners may be announced via Korek Telecom and/or via SMS to all the participants included in the record.
- 10.7.5.Participants are eligible to win the prize with just 1 interaction.
- 10.8.Extra prizes
- 10.8.1.In addition to the Weekly and Grand Prize during the Campaign Period, Korek Telecom may also announce extra prizes to be awarded to Campaign Participants through draws or to be awarded directly to the top scorer in terms of sent messages and/or subscription interactions (“Surprise Prizes”). These prizes can be electronics or cash (IQD 300,000).
- 10.8.2.Eligible for those prizes will be all the participants who participate on the corresponding time period.
- 10.8.3.An extra prize winner cannot win another extra prize but is eligible to win any other prize.
- 10.8.4.The winner can be awarded with the equivalent in cash amount
- 10.9.Live draw prizes
- 10.9.1.Korek Telecom will perform 3 live draw events for announcing the winners of the competition. During these events, an iphone X will be awarded via draw to a lucky winner from the audience of the show.
- 10.9.2.Eligible for those prizes will be specifically the people who will attend these events.
- 10.9.3.A live draw winner cannot win another live draw prize but is eligible to win any other prize.
- 10.9.4.The winner can be awarded with the equivalent in cash amount
11- Terms of the prizes:
- 11.1.All prizes will be awarded not more than 170 days after the last day of the Competition.
- 11.2.The winner is responsible for payment of due taxes and collections for the prize under any relevant current legislation.
- 11.3.The winners will be contacted by the Organizer. The winners must confirm in writing that they are the legal holder of the winning mobile subscriber number and that they are entitled to the prize and shall complete all the necessary documents provided by the Organizer.All winners must provide identification documents in order to receive the prize.Prizes may be received by a representative of the winner by proxy upon written confirmation from the winner.
- 11.4.By participating in the Competition, the winners agree that any of their data, including names, surnames, photos and video images, can be used by Korek Telecom and any other medium it chooses and in any country for advertising purposes with no prior consent of the winner and free of charge.
- 11.5.The Organizer will select up to 5 runner-up winners and if the notified winner refuses the prize or fails to appear to collect it, then the Organizer will contact one of the relevant runner-up winners that they have won the prize. If none of the runner-up winners accept the prize or do not show up with 10 calendar days of notification then the prize will remain the property of the Organizer of the Competition.
- 11.6.Decisions made by the Organizer will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are not transferable.
12- Limitation of liability
- 12.1.The Organizer accepts no responsibility whatsoever for, including without limitation, any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure when it is not under its direct control and execution.
- 12.2.The Organizer reserves the right to whenever is deemed necessary temporarily suspend the Competition for operational reasons (e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades). The Organizer promises to restore the Competition as soon as possible after any temporary suspension period.
- 12.3.The Organizer advises participants to use caution and common sense when participating in the Competition at all times.
13- Disclaimer of warranties
- 13.1.Participants understand and agree that they participate in this Competition at their own risk and willingness and have not been coerced in any manner to enter the Competition.
- 13.2.The Organizer makes no warranty, implied or express, that any part of the Competition will be uninterrupted and error-free.
- 13.3.Neither the Organizer nor any of its directors, employees, agents or suppliers shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant participating in the Competition or as a result of accepting the prize.
- 13.4.The Organizer is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition.
- 13.5.By entering the Competition, participants agree that no claim relating to such losses or injuries (including special, indirect and consequential losses) shall be asserted against the Organizer, its parent companies, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance or user of any prize, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage.
14- Data protection and Publicity
- 14.1.Personal data related to voice, image, name or address and any other relevant information will be included in a filing system belonging to the Organizer as data controller, and can be used for taking part in the competition as well as publicity mailing, or other purposes relating to the Organizer’s services, unless otherwise indicated.
- 14.2.Participants agree that if they win a prize then their names and partial digits of their mobile subscriber number will be published for informational purposes only.
15- Governing Law
- 15.1.In any case of disagreement arises participants can present their complaint to the Organizer and the issue will be decided in accordance with the laws of Iraq.